Friday, August 15, 2008

Who is 'We'?

So, We Belong.....at the Sheraton. I'm wondering who the target audience is for this ad. In theory, Sheraton would like us to believe it could be anyone. I find it odd. Does anyone else notice that approximately 75% of the people showcased in their commercial would likely never afford, or choose to spend as much as a night at the Sheraton requires? Are these your target demographics - the Buddhist Monks greeting in a cave, the rural farmers, the Yanomamo (or similar appearing) tribe members, the young boy in Rio, Asian schoolchildren, surfers, and teenagers? Or perhaps I misunderstood the message about Sheraton launching a global hostel. I'm guessing not.

Ratings: 1 (low) to 4 (high)
Stickiness: 3
Quality: 4
Hit/Miss: Miss
Overall: 3
Comments: Damn their usage of a catchy Pat Benetar song, all softened up! Can't get it out of my head.

No comments:

Sitemeter

Original Text Copyright 2008